zajebisty

This is a blog of Theresa Konieczny for the INF 101 class (Introduction to Informatics). For any random people stumbling across this I will quickly explain that Informatics is a new field being offered at Indiana University. I highly suggest you drop whatever you are doing and transfer to IU and take this class, as you get credit for playing around on the internet. And I will further quickly explain to my instructors that I am just kidding as I am sure I will get a lot out of this class :))

czwartek, lutego 16, 2006

Notes on Unix Commands

I found the Unix commands to be simple to understand and easy to use. Also, I liked the black on white format, it somehow seemed less mysterious than DOS through command post. Here are a few of the commands we learned and their DOS and Windows counterparts.





FUNCTIONUnixDosWindows
change directory cd directory namecd file nameclick on icon of desired folder
view contents of current directorylsdirdouble click on its folder icon
remove a directoryrmdir directoryname deltree
foldername
right click on folder icon, then choose "delete"
remove a filerm filename del foldernameright click on name of file, then choose "delete"